Why Should I Insulate & Weatherize My Home?
Air naturally tends to move from warm areas towards colder areas… insulation and weatherization restricts this natural movement. So, during the cold season, this helps prevent cold air from coming into the house and it works the same during the hot summer months keeping the cool air inside the house and blocking it from escaping and moving toward the warm area outside.
Whether it’s air sealing, improving ventilation, or adding insulation, the experts at All-Star Remodeling & Design are here to help ensure that your home is insulated and weatherized properly. Here are just a few of the benefits of having a properly weatherized home:
- LOWER ENERGY BILLS: The chance to save money is the primary reason to weatherize your home. On average, weatherization can save homeowners 20 to 30 percent on energy bills. Older homes with particularly bad air leaks could save even more.
- LONGER HVAC EQUIPMENT LIFE: When air infiltration overworks your heating and cooling equipment, breakdowns occur more frequently, leading to expensive repairs and replacement costs. By lowering the demand on your HVAC system, you help it last longer, which saves you even more money in the long run.
- IMPROVED COMFORT & NOISE REDUCTION: A well-sealed home is less drafty, making it easier for your air conditioner and furnace to keep the temperature consistent. And to its sound absorption qualities, insulation can actually reduce unwanted ambient noises generated by appliances, conversations, audio equipment, or other causes of noise pollution and prevents sound from being transmitted through the walls or floors of your home.
6 Signs That Your Home Needs Weatherization Improvements
- Rooms get too hot or too cold throughout the year
- You can feel cold winter drafts in different parts of the house
- Worn or missing weatherstripping around an exterior door
- High utility bills for heating and cooling
- Recessed (“can”) lights in the ceiling directly below the attic
- Inadequate attic insulation (less than 12in. of fiberglass or cellulose)
All-Star Remodeling & Design offers several different types of insulation. To choose the best type for your home, you should first determine where you want or need to install/add insulation and the recommended R-values for areas you want to insulate.
- Blanket / Batts & Rolls
- Blown-in / Loose-fill
- Foam Board or Rigid Foam
- Rigid Fibrous or Fibrous Insulation
- Sprayed Foam
- Structural Insulated Panels
- Reflective System
You may already know where some air leakage occurs in your home, such as an under the door draft that makes you want to put on some socks. However, there are most likely other areas of your home that are less than satisfactory and costing you unnecessary money on your energy bill. These are areas that could greatly benefit from proper weatherization. The experts here at All-Star Remodeling & Design will conduct a FREE weatherization inspection of your home and discuss your options for recommended weatherization work. Weatherization services from All-Star Remodeling & Design include:
- Free Weatherization Inspection
- Complete Whole-House Insulation Upgrades
- Seal Leaky Ductwork
- Weatherstrip Windows and Exterior Doors
- Air Seal Around Interior Trim
- Air Seal Electrical Outlets
- Seal & Insulate the Basement Rim Joists
- Air Seal Recessed Lighting
- Complete Attic Air Sealing
- Replacement Windows & Exterior Doors
If you need home insulation or weatherization services in Kalamazoo, call All-Star Remodeling & Design at 269-342-6356 or complete our online request form.
- Why Quartz Countertops Are Superior - Quartz is one of the hardest minerals you can find on earth. This natural mineral is wonderful for countertops. Many homeowners are replacing old laminate, granite, and marble countertops with quartz. Quartz is naturally shimmery and beautiful. Granite is dull looking until the sealant is applied. Over time, the seal on a granite countertop will … Read More
- 4 Benefits Of Vinyl Replacement Windows - Your windows are a major investment for your home. When it comes time to look for replacements, it is important to take into account what all the different options available to you are and the advantages you stand to gain from each one. Not everyone has the extra hours to spend researching these things unfortunately … Read More