Proffesional Gutter Systems
Gutters which do not work properly can cause serious problems and damage to your home. Most homeowners don’t spend a lot of time thinking about their gutters, but understanding their importance and having a professional system in place can prevent costly repairs in the future.
Properly installed gutter systems funnel and guide the water off of your roof and away from your home, keeping the water from settling around the foundation. This prevents damage to your roof, soffit, fascia, doors, windows and exterior trim and paint as well as prohibiting water from entering your interior walls and basement which could cause flooding and foundational defects.
All-Star Remodeling & Design has been installing the highest quality gutter systems for over 15 years, delivering lasting protection and peace of mind to our many satisfied clients. We take all factors into account, including how to best protect your home’s foundation, roof and landscaping. We use only the best materials and go above and beyond in our evaluation and installation process to ensure that your gutter system will work properly and stand the test of time.
Gutters protect your home from:
- Home and basement flooding
- Cracked/damaged foundation
- Infestations – Mosquitoes and other insects breed in standing water
- Mold – overflowing gutters create an environment for mold to flourish in crawlspaces and basements
- Erosion: Topsoil protects the foundation of your home. If water is not correctly diverted away from your home the topsoil will erode and leave your foundation vulnerable
- Staining to the exterior of your home fascia, soffit, wood framing and outside walls as well as decks, patios, driveways and walkways
- Paint damage
- Rotting/Rusting of exterior elements
- Damage to landscaping: fungi can damage or kill your flowers and trees
The decision to repair or replace your gutter system is a decision that will help provide protection to your home and save you money on repairs in the future. New gutters also provide your home with an updated and refreshed new look! All-Star Remodeling & Design offers a variety of Gutter Services to help meet your specific needs.
Gutter Services Offered
- Gutter Repair
- Gutter Replacement
- Leaf Protection
- Seamless gutters
- Sectional gutters
- Aluminum gutters
- Copper gutters
- Vinyl gutters
- Steel gutters
- Stainless steel gutters
Nobody enjoys cleaning their gutters. It is an unsafe, nasty and miserable job. Installing gutter guards could solve those issues for good. But with so many options available, how do you know which is right for your home? Here we will discuss the three most popular types of gutter guards and compare the different features and prices to help you decide which one will work best for you.
Screens - $4-8 / LF
Screens are probably the most popular type of gutter guard. They come in a variety of styles and materials for different types of gutter systems. They are often the least expensive and easiest to install, but depending on their mesh size they may still allow seeds and buds to get into your gutters.
- Keeps out larger leaves and debris
- Readily available
- Easy to install
- Works with various roof types
- Can work with old, brittle shingles
- Plastic versions may eventually be damaged by UV sunlight
- Larger debris can damage styles that protrude above the gutters
- Can get clogged with seeds and needles
- Limited color choices
- Difficult to clean
Micro Mesh - $8-16 / LF
Micro-mesh guards work a lot like screens, only better. Because of the tiny holes in the mesh, they won’t clog with seeds and needles. Micro-mesh gutter guards catch all but the smallest debris. They may still catch small particles like shingle grit, but are easy to blow or brush clean.
- Keeps everything out of the gutter
- Higher-quality brands withstand branches, snow, ice and winds
- Works with various roof types
- Easy to clean
- Limited color choices
- Not as widely available
- May need occasional maintenance or cleaning
Helmet Style - $12-24 / LF
Another popular type is the helmet style, or gutter cover system. With helmet style gutter guards, water clings to the rounded nose of the guard and flows into the gutter, while leaves and other debris fall over the edge. They work very well with leaves and other large debris. Small debris sometimes gets in but usually washes out the downspout without an issue.
- Withstands branches, snow, ice and strong winds
- Keeps out larger debris
- More colors available
- Needs little or no maintenance
- Most expensive
- More difficult to install; Gutters may need to be rehung
- More visible from the ground
- Heavy rain can shoot over the guards
- May not be an option on all roof types
If you are looking for new gutters or gutter protection systems in Kalamazoo, call All-Star Remodeling & Design at 269-342-6356 or complete our online request form.
- 5 Key Ways To Prep Your Kalamazoo Home For Winter - It won't be long before November and December arrive, bringing winter snow and ice to Michigan. This is the time of year to do some exterior remodeling and weatherproofing to prepare your home for winter in Kalamazoo… Read More
- Choosing Replacement Doors In Kalamazoo? - No one has to convince you that it's time to replace the exterior doors of your home when they're old and drafty. You can do all types of home improvements but when you don't update the doors, the results just don't look right.… Read More